Sunday 29 September 2013

writing.ie

I was pleased this week that my piece Essential Advice: RTE Guide Penguin Publishing Day was published on writing.ie and I hope it has given any writers who didn't attend the day a better insight into what the industry is looking for, how to improve your writing and tips on getting published.

On Saturday I watched a workshop on Children's Writing on WritersWebTV presented by Vanessa O'Loughlin. Interviews with authors and illustrators, writing exercises, comments from a panel and from the public via Twitter, email and Facebook, it addressed many questions and was really useful. I only managed to dip in and out all day as I had children to ferry to endless activities, but the course can be purchased for anyone who missed it live.

The plan for WritersWebTV is ambitious and I'm looking forward to courses including Getting to the Heart of it: Writing Women’s Fiction on Tuesday, October 15th, Crime Pays: Writing Crime Fiction on Wednesday, October 30th, and Getting Published on Saturday, November 9th. Recommended viewing, very professional and very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment